Monday, November 22, 2021

Fire effect tutorial

 Good morning,

I've posted recently on my instagram a quick tutorial how to paint a fire effect.

I think it is a good idea to have it here on my blog as well:)

Step 1) White basecoat applied with airbrush from above.
Step 2) Orange basecoat and white wash in recesses
Step 3) yellow applied from airbrush
Step 4) yellow + white mix wash in ratio 1:1 just in the area of the source and edge highlighting the nearby areas
Step 5) Darkening the upper parts of the flame with pure black and dark red paint.

That's all, really fast and effective way  to achieve quite realistic fire effect with osl.


And here you can see the effect on the already finished model. It was a fast tabletop level painting as I just wanted to have another Terminator model ready:)


No comments:

Post a Comment